Don’t miss this humorous and heartwarming picture book by debut creator Breanna Carzoo about an unlikely everyday hero: a fire hydrant! Perfect for fans of The Good Egg and The Bad Seed.
Meet Lou. Lou has an important job . . . as the neighborhood toilet for dogs on their walks.
Useful as he may be, he gets the feeling that deep down inside, there might be more to him than that. He just doesn’t seem to know exactly what yet. When disaster strikes, will Lou find out what he’s made of and save the day?
From debut creator Breanna Carzoo comes a charming and funny story that reminds us to never let anyone—including yourself—hold you back from sharing your gifts with the world.
Kids will fall in love with Lou and his journey of self-discovery as he saves the day from a fire that breaks out in an apartment building nearby. You’ll never be able to look at a fire hydrant the same way again!
- A BARNES & NOBLE CHILDREN'S BOOK AWARDS SHORTLIST PICK!
- A KIRKUS BEST PICTURE BOOK OF 2022!
- A 2024 COLORADO CHILDREN'S BOOK AWARD NOMINEE!
- A 2023 GRAND CANYON READER AWARD NOMINEE!
- THE NORTH CENTRAL MICHIGAN COLLEGE CHILDREN'S BOOK OF THE YEAR 2023!
- A MISSOURI BUILDING BLOCK PICTURE BOOK AWARD NOMINEE!
- CHOSEN FOR THE 2022 SOCIETY OF ILLUSTRATORS ORIGINAL ART SHOW!
- A 2024 DONNA NORVELL OKLAHOMA BOOK AWARD NOMINEE!
- A BLUE CRAB YOUNG READER AWARD HONOR BOOK!
- A 2024-2025 LOUISIANA YOUNG READERS AWARD NOMINEE!
- AN OKLAHOMA REDBUD READ-ALOUD AWARD NOMINEE!
- A 2023 MICHIGAN LIBRARIAN ASSOCIATION TOP ELEVEN MITTEN AWARD FINALIST!