Games for kids 4 to 16, plus tips on keeping them fun and fair for all participants.
Camp games are meant to be fun. Here are the very best camp-tested games for boys and girls aged 4 to 16, with easy-to-follow instructions and illustrations. The Frasers include indoor and outdoor games for both small and large groups, with some old favorites and lots of new, soon-to-be favorites.
The 175 Best Camp Games also includes advice on:
- Choosing the right game for the situation
- Starting and ending games
- Dealing with rule breakers
- Modifying games for varied abilities
- Assuring safety and good supervision.
This practical guide is easy to use, and the more than 175 games are divided into five chapters:
- Break the Ice (Name Dropping, Life Raft)
- Taking It Easy (Speed Rabbit, Electricity)
- Getting Them Moving (Soh Koh No, Kitty Wants a Corner)
- Running Them Ragged (Pairs Tag, Fox in the Henhouse)
- Wet and Wild (Battleship, Sharks and Mermaids).
Though written with camp leaders in mind, this book will appeal to youth activity directors, counselors, counselors-in-training, coaches, scout leaders, parents, teachers and any other adult looking for creative group activities for youth that include all participants and require little or no special equipment.