Hazard hunters Eddie and Junko are exploring some of the most extreme environments on Earth! But don’t worry, they have their dangermobile packed with gadgets to tackle everything they come across. Join them and discover the fires of erupting Stromboli, the world’s fastest winds on Mt. Washington, Brazil’s venomous snake island, and much more.
In this fascinating round-the-world adventure, you’ll travel to 35 of the planet’s most dangerous natural places. With a mix of photos and illustrations, amazing facts and danger stats, it’s a fun and absorbing introduction to our wild and wonderful world.
- Death Valley, California
- Tornado Alley, the American Midwest
- Catatumbo Lightning, Venezuela
- Holuhraun Lava Field, Iceland
- Saltstraumen Whirlpools, Norway
- The Poison Garden, UK
- Victoria Falls, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Darvaza Gas Crater, Turkmenistan
- Forest of Knives, Madagascar
- Ross Ice Shelf, Antarctica
- Komodo National Park, Indonesia
- Mary River Crocodiles, Australia
About Lonely Planet Kids: Come explore! Lonely Planet Kids excites and educates children about the amazing world around them. Combining astonishing facts, quirky humor and eye-catching imagery, we ignite their curiosity and encourage them to discover more about our planet. Every book draws on our huge team of global experts to help share our continual fascination with what makes the world such a diverse and magnificent place – inspiring children at home and in school.